Monday, November 14, 2005

Travel

So we're off to Turkey. I am so incredibly pumped. Efe leaves the 16th of December and I join him on the 23rd. His brothers think I'm crazy to go to Turkey in December -- they think I should wait until summer - but I am so excited. I think we'll have a wonderful time. A few weekends ago Efe and I spent a hilarious few hours in Borders, reading over all of the Turkey travel book that the Diversey/Clark Borders had to offer. One was a guide to Turkish customs and had a section on body language. It attempted to explain in words how to perform the various gestures that have a particular meaning in Turkey. (Put your hand sideways, move it in a circle and say oh-HO-oh - this means that you think someone is exagerrating.) We played charades - I read the description and performed the gesture and then Efe had to figure out what I meant. It doesn't sound funny, but it was.

1 Comments:

Blogger jennifer said...

of course it was funny marc. we don't even need to be there to know it.

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home