Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Wow. Ok, a lot has happened since my hellacious experience at the oral surgeon. My face is back to its normal size and I'm no longer in constant pain. Like a total wuss I didn't end up sending that crabby letter to my oral surgeon. Once I wasn't in such pain my anger kinda ebbed. But I am holding off paying them in a lump sum. The sadistic bastards can watch as my money trickles in...slowly.

Been focusing on school and work. The plaintiffs in the Fields case (4 inmates suing Cook County for being beaten up by jail guards while they were handcuffed and shackled) lost. That was a disappointment because the plaintiffs in OUR case, were the star witnesses in that case (they testified that the beating did happen.) Poor litigating on the part of the plaintiffs attorneys, bad preparation, etc. The sheriff is not a nice man, gloated in the papers that justice prevailed. Justice my rear.

Got to work on a new case involving racial gerrymandering of a high school athletic conference in the suburbs. You think it's just congressmen who haggle over racial divides? Nope, it's high school athletic directors, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home